04-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
They stuck spoons into your steering wheel ????

Man I would go and complain!

Yeah I know what you mean about the slippery shift paddles, that's one thing I didn't like about them when I was test driving the X6.

My wheel is already just enough high above the dash (a milimiter or so) . .so I can see the dash in full . . the seat is at lowest. I am a tall guy but never drove with (both) my hands so high on the wheel . .like a soccer mum with goggles and a tall hairdo and funky brutal lipstick in an SUV., to have the fingers in comfy position to drive in sports mode. . . If BMW did this fancy with paddles for folks with money that fantasize about F1, they should have made paddles that fit regular guys that eat burgers (like we all do on a freakin' looong trip on a highway and there's no other option than fukin' MacDonald) and don't wear racing gloves after lunch. ..,. not F1 racers that earn zilions for that championship, and are wired into the right racing position to get their fingers and body work the proper way for real racing. . .Yes, the paddles are slippery. . .even if you washed your hands in the last hour, after lunch at the nearby highway fast food. .
Appreciate 0