View Single Post
      06-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #13
Silverbear
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8

These are exciting pictures, but I am distressed by the 2010 timing! I went looking for a fast SUV over the winter, thinking I would get a Cayenne Turbo. But after lots of test drives, I just could not get comfortable in the Cayenne. The X5 4.8i blew me away with the comfort of the seats and all the features and I really liked the handling too. Of course on my test rides I did not really get the chance to push it...

So I was almost ready to buy one, but then I saw rumors of the new engine that the X6 is getting being in the X5 this Fall and I thought I better wait. I live at high altitude, lots of fun mountain roads, and the TTV8 seemed to make the most sense for me... Also, I wanted a couple options, especially the BMW Night Vision system, that aren't on the 08 but I hoped would be on the 09.

Now I am not sure what to do, running out of time to order an 08 and frankly sick of waiting--I want my bimmer now! When can I find out what all the options will be for 2009? I'm in a rural spot, the nearest BMW dealer is over 200 miles away. I was in a city last week so I went to a dealer to try and test drive an X6 with the TTV8 engine. They didn't have one and the salesman was arrogant and unhelpful, didn't answer my questions about when I'd have specifics on the 09 and whether at that point I could still custom order an 08 if it seemed the best deal? I want a particular combo of options (Platinum Bronze Metallic paint, sand beige perfed leather, active ventilated seats, ALL packages, NO Active Steering) that I have not yet seen anywhere and would have to special order. I'm the kind of person who keeps a car a long time and wants everything exactly the way I want it and then puts a lot of aftermarket add ons into it too.

I'd consider an X6 but it's a bit small, doesn't have my color, and the Night Vision is not offered on that either. I don't think I'm willing to wait another year to get an X5 with the TTV8.

Any help or advice would be appreciated as it seems there are a lot of knowledgeable bimmer fans here. I don't drive much at all, so gas prices don't really matter to me in terms of my driving. Of course they drive up other costs that have a lot of effect on all of us, but I just don't drive much, but when I do I want the best tool for the job!
Appreciate 0