Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
UPDATE: I contacted Carbotech. They do make Ceramic Brake Pads for the X6M & X5M. They need to order the blanks but they are available. Turnaround is 4-5 days. The compound is the Bobcat 1521. I had a set on my E70 X5 and found them very good pads. They have a good bite and are very low dusting, excellent fade resistance. To be honest I did have some squealing initially then it went away and then returned for a bit, I re-bedded the pads and it went away again. There are many reviews on the net if you want to Google. I have gone over a 2 week period without washing my summer wheels and they still looked clean, (of course this was not the norm since I wash the vehicle at least once a week). Whatever is in the compound seemed to be less corrosive because I had no pitting on the rotor hats or embedded brake dust on the calipers or wheels throughout the life of the pads. Stoptech makes a pad as well, but from what I can tell through review comments is that Stoptech's dust a lot. You can look up at http://www.ctbrakes.com/

Good to know - thanks for doing the research.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0