06-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I cant see this. M division initially didnt even want to do it, BMW forced it upon them (so dont blame M). The X5M is like a rape baby, that turned out to be the hottest thing to hit the road.

However you want to think about it go ahead. I dont think ANY car is as much a testiment to the M divisions abilities than the X5M. All the reviews say its something short of an M5, well thats pretty damn good. Driving the car, its dynamics are unreal. Aside from the tall ride height, you'd fail to realize its an SAV.

If your going to bitch about the X5M, bitch about its mediocre interior. Because thats the only thing i can really find a valid arguement not in favor of the vehicle. (that arguement being im not impressed by the seats, or interior for an M car).

Hats off to the boys in germany for making a such a beast come to life The X5M is just so beastly, i love the exhaust note. Having full power in action after 1500 RPM is sensational - these twin scroll turbos are epic.

Heres a question, whats the difference between the M3 DCT and the X5M DCT? is it the piston disengage thing only? I know that the M3 DCT is better but i want to know specifically how.

The X5M has a regular automatic transmission not a DCT. There is your difference
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0