View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 08:07 AM   #145
Muzimak
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5 E70

Hi everyone, new here but been following the forum for some time. I'm recently having battery problems too, X5 E70 2009 M-Sport (No Comfort Access). Recently my battery seems to be losing charge a lot faster, over the weekend I drove to a Car Wash, set on the side while the guys were washing, once done I tried to start the car and the battery was completely flat. Another guy assisted me to jump-start. Then I noticed that everytime I start the car the music won't play until I manually switch the radio on. When U switch off the car the music also stops immediately. Read a few tips from the Forum, yesterday I took the battery out and put it on a charger, once full replaced it. Suddenly the music plays as soon as the key is in. Not sure how long this will hold up! The Battery is 2 years old, previous one being the original. Judging from this I suspect that the car somehow thinks the battery is full and never commanding the Alternator to charge it. Thinking of visiting Battery dealer to check if all is still set up correctly. This sucks, how do I know if the Battery is AGM incase I need to buy a new one?
Appreciate 0