View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #9
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Hate to say it but it does sound like it's seized, having the belt on or off doesn't matter much and only in manual transmission cars do you have to be in neutral to turn the engine by hand. You should be able to rotate without to much effort (assuming a 24+" breaker bar is used). If it's not budging I would drain the oil. There should be metal particles in it from the bearings chewing themselves up and falling into the oil.

I did a quick search, 10k for an exchange from BMW, gahssan has rebuilts on eBay for 4K. I would contact direct, he might be able to discount. You can probably find a used at a local junk yard for around 1500-2500.

If BMW actually put a damn oil pressure gauge in their cars, none of this would be happening to the n55 despite the obvious design flaw. By time the warning comes on, it might as well say "your fucked"...if it even comes on at all.
PM’d you, idk how to post videos on here but I did take a video of it cranking a few days ago. Say it is seized, I wouldn’t need a whole motor with accessories just the bottom end?
Appreciate 0