shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
From my experience with Porsche on my 911 Turbo Cab, the warranty price didn't change at all from day 1 and right before the 4-year warranty ended. Same with BMW on my previous E46 M3.

I think your Porsche dealer was trying to take advantage of you. The fact that your dealer "wasn't happy" about fixing the tranny is stupid too. My Porsche dealer fixes EVERYTHING, no questions asked. I have never been happier with warranty service as I have been with Porsche. Their service is top-notch (at least at my dealer)

The dealer doesn't pay for warranty claims out of their pocket, Porsche does. Porsche compensates the dealer for the costs, your dealer doesn't pay a dime and in fact MAKES money.

- KJ
I have to agree with KJ here. I have purchased two extended warranties, one for a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the other for an Acura CL and both warranties were the same price day 1 as they were right before the warranty expired. I also even had several third-party companies to choose from that were even cheaper.
Appreciate 0