View Single Post
      08-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #61
Joeko23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 35i

X6SY, 800 number just says vehicle is in the paint shop with completion date of 8/10. I'll let you know tomorrow if anything changes.

I test drove the Activehybrid because no one stocks the X6 (test drove from Circle BMW in Eatontown, NJ). The Activehybrid does not have adaptive drive (sport button), it did have the 20" rims. The ride was very smooth and but at the same time the suspension was firm and tight like in a sports sedan. Acceleration was awesome.

I ordered mine with the sport activity package with 20" rims. I didn't want to pay another $2.3k for adaptive drive (a feature I would never use). I doubt you would use or would need the sport button in any kind of road driving (unless you plan on taking it to the track). That's just my opinion.

Did you order yours with sport activity package and 20" rims? This would stiffen up the ride. Although if you go with the standard 19" rims, I know the ride is going to be firm too. To answer your question, regardless of whether or not you got the sport or sport activity or didn't get either, the ride is going to be firm so I wouldn't worry. As far as 35i acceleration, it's obviously going to be slower than the activehybrid, but according to the numbers it's only slower by like .5 seconds. Any SUV that can do 0-60 under 6 seconds is quick!
Appreciate 0