Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Ready to start buying parts...

So I am looking to enhance my gaming experience and build a new desktop PC. I have some salvageable parts from my old desktop (probably just the new RAM I bought and maybe one of the hard disks), but will be looking to start fairly from scratch.

Looking for some discussion on parts, mostly on the graphics cards and processors. I will also likely be looking into a SSD for boot/startup, maybe. I must admit, I haven't been following developments very closely lately.

Budget wise, well let's see... I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want to be a cheapo either. If a part is a noticeable improvement over it's somewhat cheaper alternative, then I'll pay more. But if vid card X is only going to give me 2 more fps for $400 more, that's probably not worth it to me.

I know we have some genius PC builders here, so spread the knowledge wealth Not looking to pay someone to build it for me. I've never built one myself, but have had quite a bit of experience tinkering with my own, and my neighbor just built himself a pretty nice rig recently and I know he'll help me if I get stuck.

Thanks!