03-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
That is correct. Their latest Progman update on the 335i and all models can now detect whether or not a piggy back has even been installed and they are voiding a lot of warranties as a result of this. My service director said that BMW has already voided about 12 BMW owners warranties at my dealers because they had a tune of some nature and one guy had to fork out over $6k because his turbo was blown on 335i. These engines are so complex and with the computers as advanced as they are, I personally would not get a tune unless I knew I had backing by a group like Dinan. Better a little conservative and safe with increased power than trying to max your power increase to the limit and risk a lot of potential headaches and out of pocket expenses.
+1

The last thing you want is to have to fork over a couple of $1000 bills for the 'extra' Hp that some other mods promise.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0