View Single Post
      05-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Exclamation Latest Nav Tested

Well after driving the new 730SE for a week I can make a constructive comment on the system.
Firstly it's miles easier to use, close to Audi's MMI system, it is controled by Voice or multi function pad, there are buttons for CD/Media, Phone, Nav. and Radio functions and a "Back" button and "Options" button.
Each sellected function can be "Optioned and a list comes up of whats available to do, so far so good.
However it's Map is all "Grey scale" and all roads look the same so you dont know if your on A/B main or motorways!!!!!, the grey colour is total rubbish and in all but poor light difficult to see whilst driving.
The car I had did not have HUD, and it surely needed it.
Speed limits on roads were part of the selection on the mode stork along with MPG miles left and speed.
The menus are easy to follow but distracting whilst driving ( but they all are).
Overall not worth worrying about the old maps are in colour and show and name roads your on easier than the new system.
Not one I would go mad on I'm afraid, gthe new Lexus system is miles in front. Sorry.
Appreciate 0