View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
APLINE_997
Private
Rep
Drives: 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtram View Post
ALPINE_X5, how was the install of these bulbs was there lots of wires to bunch up and hide inside the headlights itself. Looking to get these instead. Thanks
The usual like the MTECH and the LUX. Some cars don't get as sensitive about the resistors as others. Some don't run it at all from what I have seen. I run resistors on mine. They tuck in easily enough. I taped mine up a little for a cleaner install. Once placed inside the housing it really doesn't get in the way. I do it to make sure things don't clank around from time to time.

If you are going for bulbs nothing to tuck.

I am not going to debate the merits of LUX vs Brand X. As some LUX owners want to jump on others for buying an inferior product. In the end we are not going to EVER get the effects of the newer LCI AE's or the Orions LED Rings. So it doesn't really matter. I am happy with mine and I still stand behind what I said about my LUX experience. LUX vendor you can say what you want but it is just hyperbole to me.

I am trying out one more brand because I can(I make nice with people and in return they make nice with me and give me a set of AE's to try). They are also claiming CREE SMD's as well with a whiter light and better LED's.

No skin off my nose. I have no horse in this race. I do it for my own curiosity and not to promote one over the other. If I feel that it's better then I am entitled to my own opinion. I have said LUX makes a good brand of AE's bulbs but I saw a greenish tint in mine so I went with another set and its not greenish to me. My eyes and my opinion. I feel that people are too strongly loyal to a brand even if they are proven inferior or equal in quality.

Ebay has proven this case many times over and has pissed off vendors over the years.

Whatever you get ENJOY them.
Appreciate 0