mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Thanks for the response --

You know i'm not sure if it came on immediately after starting the car, i wasn't driving very fast, just through town, so it wasnt really noticeable.

As far as the power delivery, it was still smooth, but you could feel the engine restricting power. I've experienced engine failsafe in E53 X5s and it felt very similar.

For the record, i've only had the car for a week, so i'm not sure of the rest of the history if its happened before
When mine went into limp mode due to injectors, it would run/sound like shit. However, when I had issues with vacuum pipes, it would go into limp mode but would still run smooth.

My advice is, go by Autozone/O'Reilly's/Advance Auto Parts and have them scan the car, if you don't have one yourself. They will do it for free and it should work because I have one and it reads codes just fine.

In the off chance that it doesn't give you BMW specific codes it still may show anything that is stored in the ECU/DME and you can try to Google it to get more specific info.

I had to troubleshoot myself since I was fresh out of warranty, but since you're still CPO you may just want to forgo all the pain of troubleshooting it yourself and just take it in.

Keep us posted and don't be too worried. This is a very common thing with these.
Appreciate 1
Naz241627.50