View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 "M" Testing At BMW PC-Pic's and Vid's

Here are some pic's and vid's of the X6 M testing here in SC.I apologize up front for some of these pic's...I was moving around trying some different vantage points....some better than others.I've got to upgrade to a camcorder...this camera vid sucks.This X6 looks a little futher along in development than the X6 M test mules just seen in the Desert this summer.If you look closely at the first pic of the X6 going in the gate....you can see they have put those quad exhaust in a nice looking production ready rear fascia/bumper.The big news was the exhaust note of the X6 M.It DID NOT sound like the 50i TTV8 that I've heard many times at the PC Track.This engine today had a very high pitch exhaust note.OK.....I'll go ahead and say it...it sounds like a V10 or V12.I know BMW has dropped hints that the X " M"'s will get "juiced" TTV8's.This exhaust note just does not have that booming "NASCAR" V8 roar of the TTV8.Now...maybe BMW has tuned the TTV8 to "sound" like a V10/V12.I just don't know at this point.The most convincing moment was when the X6 was leaving the track and the driver realized I was taking pic's.....he punched the gas...and this exhaust note was the "popping-crackling" sound that a V10/V12 makes when you punch the gas at low speed. You car guys know the sound I'm talking about.It was NOT that "gurgling burbling" note that the 50i TTV8 has when you punch it at low speed.It will be neat to see just what engine is inside the X6 M!!! Thanks! PalBay

VIDEO:
http://palbay.smugmug.com/gallery/57...56439066_wXPBz

Attached Images