View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #82
Fedupwiththievingscumbags
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D MSPORT CONVERTIBLE

Exclamation How Much Is This Actually Happening?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parv66 View Post
Our 3yr old X5 was stolen from outside our home recently without the keys. Despite it being alarmed ect, 'they' had smashed the drivers side window & taken it!
We just have no idea as to how they could have done that without having the keys....
We also found out that our neighbour had his BMW 5 taken a few days earlier - same MO.

We both are trying to find out just how many other BMW's have been taken in the MO around the Solihull area of the West Midlands. It appears 2 other BM's were taken afew days after ours in a neighbouring suburb.

We would appreciate contact from anyone who has had the same done to them and also from recent victims in the Solihull/Warwick areas. Any ideas has to how they can:
a) break into a BMW without setting off the alarm
b) over-ride the immobiliser.
b) take a car without keys.
d) re-start the stolen car when stopped.

Never having been victims of a stolen vehicle I can appreciate what others have gone through. The stress, inconvenience, the not knowing how, or why 'your' car - (there are other very nice looking BMW's parked up in the vacinity) and now the whole new experience of going through the insurance process!

I am a new user to this site so bear with me!!! Just reading through and I am astonished and utterly disgusted at the amount of people that have been subjected to losing their cars!

In June 2011, my fiance surprised me with a E350 cdi cabriolet. Fully loaded, upgraded 19" AMGS, REVERSING CAMERA, HARMON KARDON, In fact, you name it, the car had it. I blissfully drove my pride and joy for 4 whole weeks before some thieving animal piece of c*** scum saw fit to put a sledgehammer through the back of the house (while I was here with my son) and take the keys and the car. Never to be seen again.

The insurance eventually coughed up (not the full £50k but near enough) and we had bought a 330d BMW convertible in the meantime as the insurance was taking so long Not a patch on the Merc but still a nice car.

NYE, we travelled from Hampshire to Birmingham to see friends. We all went shopping and parked at a train station with cctv in the middle of the day, caught a 10 minute train into the main shopping centre and retuned 2 hours later. On NYE, once again with my young son with me, we were met with no car and broken glass everywhere.

The car was recovered the following day thankfully (the merc was never seen again). I am however totally miffed as to how these animals managed to take my car in broad daylight, in a carpark with cctv (the whole thing was caught on camera but too far away too see what they did). Not to mention the fact that the spare key was in a safe at home and the other keys were in my handbag. According to the police, there were 4 stolen (all 330d) in the same way, the same day in that area... but HOW?

BMW are so unhelpful. Pompus pigs said it was not their problem!! I cannot lose another car and now live in fear that it is going to happen again! I have had 2 cars stolen in 5 months in 2 totally different ways... when does this stop?

Can anyone shed any light on how they are doing this or better still, how i can stop mine going again?

My biggest regret is not insisting on a tracker for the Merc. The BMW does not have one, however it is not the value of the other car, nor do I plan on keeping it long... just a little longer than the thieves thought I was... BA****DS!!!

Appreciate 0