Thread: X6M pricing
View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

[QUOTE=doug_999;12857607] But with lease, the leasing co is guaranteeing you an amount. In my case, it saved my butt and I saved a LOT more than had I purchased the car. That's a fact.

According to your posts, it seemed to me you are very knowledgeable about this issue. Your logic here has not convinced me leasing will saved more than purchased. Reality is most of us really don't understand the complexity of the leasing formular, only the finance person who structured that particular transaction know exactly how much money they make out of you imo. Most people say they don't want to be responsible after 4 years on a depreciate access. Well, regardless whether we lease or purchase we pay for a depreciation anyway, it is in the lease formular. You said you saved a LOT more than had you purchased the car, compared to what, perhaps, between the purchase and lease figures, how do we know if the dealer don't inflated in the purchase figures to make it more attractive. We have to be inside the business to know leasing is not so attractive as most of us understand it, and have a full knowledge of leasing. My point is whether we have a predetermine residual set, it is expensive, nor the value drop like a rocket, leasing is going to cost all of us more than a purchase, period.

Last edited by jspdr; 10-19-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 0