JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh97 View Post
Hi there,
I just purchased my 2011 X5 35i with 25k miles on it. It is in warranty till 50k or Dec 2014 and I al;ready purchased maintenance upto 100k. So my question is how beneficial is to get my truck certified? What is covered in CPO and is it worth spending another 3k or so on it. And if I do need to get it certified can I still get it done before hitting 50k from any dealership or I have to the one I purchased from? The salesman strongly suggested me that it's just a waste of money and maintenance is all i need. Please share your experience using CPO warranty and advises.
Thanks
Your salesman is uninformed. Maintenance is cheap, but anything goes wrong with your car after 50k isn't cheap. Your BMW dealership offers extended warranty, which is better than CPO. CPO requires you to pay $50 per claim, but Platinum Coverage is good bumper to bumper (no co-pay and free loaner).

Just remember, those service dollars are highly negotiable. You might be able to get 30-40% what they quoted you. For you E70, expect to pay bout $3,500est. Good luck.
Appreciate 0