View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #18
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
From the pic it appeared that the heads were not level and set to far back thus obstructing receiver view and would cause deflection errors. Also, could not tell the heads are the vertical aligned diodes. I assume these are the newer version 8.9? I do realize there are limited areas to mount on the X5. I am sure you guys know what you are doing and Cliff at LI is great at instructions. Looks great. Will you be running any test on the Li's? Would be interested to see how they perform with that configuration especially against the high freq. truspeeds.
The same vertical set was installed on the m3 (owned by the same customer) and he said that he was covered 100% - no tickets

We didn't have time to test LIs as the car was finished at 9pm and picked up at 5am.

This was the best place to place LIs on this car. It would've been much easier to mount them in the lower grill and not to deal with finding a way to run the cables inside the hood (since the grilles are part of the hood) but this is most appropriate place to install LIs.

The rear heads are mounted horizontally (a different LI kit that is intended for horisontal placement).
Appreciate 0