Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I scanned with Kaspersky, nothing found so that's good. Defragged the C Drive. Deleted a few programs and cleaned some files out. Cleaned out temp files and cookies. Rebooted. Went back Nike. Truthfully it does work better, runs a decent amount smoother. I think in the end I'll still want to buy a new pc. But what I did today definitely gave me a little more 'running time' on this pc which is perfectly fine with me. Thanks again.
Heat is a killer. Dust collects on fans and heatsinks like crazy and render them almost useless. You may want to take an electronics brush and maybe some canned air and take the case apart and clean it.

RAM might be your problem honestly, as Windows 7 64-bit requires 2 GB of RAM to run alone. I have seen people say on posts online that things will run sluggish on a PC with Windows 7 and 4 or less GB of RAM. You're only allowing yourself roughly 2 GB for use. You may want to upgrade to 6 or 8 GB of RAM. RAM is cheap and relatively easy to figure out.

If you don't really install anything or run any programs, you can always do a total wipe (back up anything you want to keep onto a flash drive or something). It sounds scary, but it will help your system run better probably.