10-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
launchcontrol
Banned
Rep
Drives: AlpinewhiteM3DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew View Post
Hi folks -
i had an interesting problem this past week - while driving (~45 mph), i had a sudden failure attributed to the hybrid. it obviously wasn't running in hybrid mode at the time, but suddenly received an alert on the LCD regarding Hybrid Failure. Message was to the affect - "Failure in Hybrid. You can continue driving but performance is no longer guaranteed. Please proceed to your nearest BMW dealer." The car kept running/driving but performance was definitely limited. could only go about 20 mph with no acceleration and was running only on combustion engine. I stopped the car, turned it off, and the restarted. Had the failure very quickly after that. I made it home and turned it off for 30 minutes before restarting. I couldn't repeat the failure but did drive it to dealer to investigate. it's now been at the dealer for 5 days and they have no clue what went wrong. The car was evidently spewing a ton on failures but none of them could be tracked to a particular failure. They reset the car, and have been trying to replicate without success.

Anybody seen anything similar? Any pointers?

thx
sdw

Wow! no wonder they stopped making the hybrids...I dont know why BMW cant get it right...
Appreciate 0