11-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #35
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I think he would be better off with Red Bull. I believe they have less work to do than Ferrari. The Red Bull chassis is superior even to Mercedes (slower tracks have shown the Red Bulls to be quicker in certain sections of the track). The fact they're estimated to be down 75hp and still won races is huge. In a couple years when the engine development freeze is off and if Renault can make the necessary changes, I believe Red Bull will be back in front.

Ferrari has more to work on. Both engine and chassis. Is it impossible? No. Does Vettel have the know-how to develop the car? We'll see.
Why do people always assume things remain static from year to year, when that's hardly ever the case? At various times, it seemed like Williams or McLaren or Ferrari or Renault or Brawn or Red Bull were unbeatable. When Hamilton went to Mercedes, he left a top-tier team for a midpacker, but look at the last 2 years.

The most obvious example is Ferrari with Schumacher. I also think that once a driver is on the downhill slide with a team that once acheived greatness, it's time to move on. I can't think of an example of a driver who stuck it out during a team's low point, after having been on top with that team.
Appreciate 0