Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_e350
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
26208605866 is what I have on my car and I'm at 110k miles and it looks like new, no where or any sort of play. Not that it won't fail but I'll probably change mine at 120k miles just in case .

Nothing I'd love more than it to fail and get a new trans and engine out of the deal if it damaged them. . But so far it's stable and no vibrations.
I'll go under and look for the part no. just came fack from a 3k mile trip - Car was loaded to the point I couldn't see in rear view mirror & I caught myself doing 120 sometimes ... now when I think of what 3 series folks are doing, remove the front drive shaft completely in the summer time ... may throw some code but both sides are sealed (front diff & center TQ - atleast 335 ones are), hey I just put 3k into the car on tune and exhaust etc
From what my dealer told me they had a production date where their was batches made that where failing and 2012 models Were not affected. However 2010 and a few months of 2013 where effected.

Who knows the way I see it if I have over 100k miles and it's still good it may have failed a while ago if it was. But as long as it's covered I still have 10k miles worth of warranty on it so if it fails I get new stuff. If it doesn't I'll just replace it when the 10k miles are up and chalk it to maintenance.
Appreciate 0