View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 10:19 PM   #59
hennessy_r24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Update

I have been driving with the new springs 16k front and 14k rear for over 400 miles now. The front oscillation is gone but gained more in the rear. I feel more oversteering and taking turns the rear end give me an "I want to flip sensation" which I never felt with stock or h&r springs, on dips the rear fall and re bounce to quick. I believe the issue is the linear springs replacement bccoilovers.com sended me for the rear which are the same spec as the swift springs. OEM springs. , lowering springs and bc racing with stock springs uses a barrel type rear spring similar to progressive springs which allows more suspension travel and spring stability for this application.

Before installation I email bcracingcoilovers.com to complaint that they shipped the wrong rear springs. Their response was that they switch from barrel springs to straight linear springs all the time in other applications with no issue and that a bc doesn't offer a higher spring rate barrel springs . Next day I called Bc racing north america to confirm and their response was that bcracingcoilovers.com don't know sh**t , that a linear spring for the x5 rear is not compatible and that the 12k barrel spring had to be fabricated for our application. My question is why offer a swift upgrades when they only make linear springs?

Next step is to go back with the 12k rear with 10mm preload and see how it rides with the stiffer front or install the h&r spring with the bc shock . I believe tck racing sells barrel springs that might work if they have the needed specification.

Last edited by hennessy_r24; 01-20-2018 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0