View Single Post
      10-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

MAC users...Should I join you?

I have long considered making this change but my life became very busy the last several months. I am now very close to making the move, but I still have 3 questions. I was hoping to garner the opinions of some savvy MAC users if I could.

1) My Basic uses for a Laptop are, in order from Most use to Least use is...

-Internet Surfing for both business and leisure
-Email
-Excel and Word
-Music and Photo's(Non-Editing)

What keeps getting me, is that these are the very things that a Window's PC does excel in. I am not editing photo's or video, not creating music or drawings. Is a switch really right for my type of use?

2) If I decide to make the leap, part of me is saying "wait" for Leopard. Is Leopard worth the wait? It sounds great and I feel that I will either miss out or cost myself the cash it will take to upgrade if I buy now instead of waiting. Is this true? I REALLY like the sound of "Time Machine". Also, I believe that having Leopard installed on the machine to begin with is a far safer than upgrading down the road. Is this true?

3) Probably my biggest stumbling block is this: I have a blackberry and use a Blackberry Enterprise Server(3rd party) to Sync my blackberry and outlook wirelessly(email, contacts, tasks, calendar). From my research, it doesn't seem possible for a Mac to do this. Also, it seems that "PocketSync" or whatever it is called, is extremely unreliable. As I am married to my blackberry, what is your recommended solution?

Thanks in advance!!!
Appreciate 0