07-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
I only found 335/25/22 from Lionhart never had them heard they were good but i dont know.

Yea the lionhart brand is the only one i found for 335/25/22 and for 315 there are 3 lexani Peirelli, lionhart. im ok with different brands as long as i can find reviews about that brand first and they have to be good. Im trying to find more X5M with 21 inch wheels but im mostly finding 22inch wheels. I will be dropping it in the future but i hate that my wheels look so small and tucked in. i could just buy tires for my stocks but i wanted to put winter tires on them and buy summer set wheels for this and next.

im still debating on what size alot of nice 22 inch wheels but since im going to be driving this car alot till the end of this year im thinking 21 for comfort and the fact i can find more tires for 21
Few things here:

1) I've had 21" on MPSS-s and now I'm on 22" Lexanis that you mentioned. I'm on stock ride height. The 21" with MPSS had a good balance of comfort and performance but lacked the visual drama that I was after (bigger wheels). The 22" on Lexani LX-Thirty are a tad bit stiffer due to the VERY small sidewall but the ride is not ruined by any means BUT 22" combo looks great. I could probably use a slight drop (H&R 1.2" would probably do).

Traction in the dry will never be an issue due to the sheer width of the damn things. Both are ok in the rain. I only had the Michellin's on snow and they were shit (high performance summer tire) as a matter of fact, I bent my rim and that's why I moved up to 22"...I don't anticipate the Lexani would be better, probably worse. I don't track the truck so I can't really speak (nor do I care for) the performance aspect of it. Don't think the tire noise is that much more noticeable between the two. MPSSs lasted me a couple of years, Lexanis are fresh so can't speak for them.

2) A bigger wheel and/or drop will not fix your stance (tucked in look). Your wheels will look tucked even after you go up in size and drop the vehicle because it's due to offsets. If you're looking for a flush stance, you'll likely need spacers. Pretty sure 99% of the guys are running them here, me included (15mm front, 20mm rear on my setup)...whether it be a $10K wheel set from HRE or a $1000 replica set from China. Also keep in mind, running a really aggressive setup will pummel your underside (side skirts) and your rear quarter panel with rocks and debris from the road and will ruin the paint. Just a heads up.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Last edited by mirob; 07-20-2017 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0