07-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmccain View Post
Well I can't really speak to the comfort of "22s on an X5M because I'm sitting on a set. It is presently near impossible to find the 335 rear for the "22. I know that there was a thread on this topic and they may be available now. I'm not sure since I have near new tires on my OEM 20s and am not looking.

You might want to look into availability of rubber before you buy.
I only found 335/25/22 from Lionhart never had them heard they were good but i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
This is important. Right now you only have a few options for 22's. Pirelli, Lexani, or Lionhart. If you don't want to be seen riding on off-brand tires then you're only left with the Pirelli's, which are quite expensive and not that amazing a tire anyway.

Continental makes a fantastic 22" for the EU market but to get a set stateside will require importing from a seller willing to ship them here. (I gave up on that endeavor).

The 21" will have the better ride and better tire options. The ride on my X5M with 22's and H&R 1.2 drop is as punishing as my M3 on coilovers was.
Yea the lionhart brand is the only one i found for 335/25/22 and for 315 there are 3 lexani Peirelli, lionhart. im ok with different brands as long as i can find reviews about that brand first and they have to be good. Im trying to find more X5M with 21 inch wheels but im mostly finding 22inch wheels. I will be dropping it in the future but i hate that my wheels look so small and tucked in. i could just buy tires for my stocks but i wanted to put winter tires on them and buy summer set wheels for this and next.

im still debating on what size alot of nice 22 inch wheels but since im going to be driving this car alot till the end of this year im thinking 21 for comfort and the fact i can find more tires for 21
Appreciate 0