View Single Post
      05-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #37
Tattedtwice
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 doors, 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35 View Post
I have to disagree with you on the i-Drive issue. My father has a 07 530i sedan and I am the only one who has mastered this thing in my family(only my father and me would use this car anyway). It is not about how easy to learn it, it is how easy to use it. Everything of this system is very logical and being used in a step by step process, however, it wouldn't match the Japanese cars' one button one function method.
And I'll have to disagree with YOU on the i-drive issue. That is, after I laugh at you for listing your parents' car in your signature. Im sure its there to lend you some credibility for hanging out on a BMW forum, but still, it's amusing.
Anyway, there clearly is no right or wrong regarding a single knob vs. jap touch screens. Some of us like a single knob and minimal buttons, while some prefer a million tiny buttons and wading through umpteen menus on a smudged-up screen.

Quote:
BMW is still behind Lexus and Infiniti and Acura and even Honda in reliability and electronics user-friendliness.
Only in the minds of you jap fanbois that hold on to factpinions and reputations instead of fact. But when you look to that precious list that y'all love to quote, BMW sits higher than infiniti and acura in dependability. And going by the way lexus is falling thanks to new models they're rushing out, they may be next. As for user-friendliness, some of us have no issue there; if a handful are too slow to figure things out, then that's THEIR fault, not the designers.
Appreciate 0