10-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post
So based on what you are saying, the X6M is not a true "M" because it is faster than it's competition: M63 & Cayenne Turbo? It is also faster around corners than them too...?

Dude, the X6M is not for you, don't worry about it. If BMW sells lots of X5Ms & X6Ms it just means they can also keep building M3s & M5s & M6s and whatever else they want...where is the harm?

What is with people getting their panities in a twist about this car?
Since it has only two competitors and they are 3 and 2 years old, i wouldn't look too much into outperforming them on the road. You are free to compare in a 6-8 months time when the all new second gen Cayenne is released (considering the current one has more uses than the X5/6, i cannot see why that wouldn't send this car packing on all fronts).

I cannot understand the reason for your second sentence, is it to assure me that you know something i don't about how SUV's like these will sell in this climate? There isn't any harm except for quite poor performance numbers and subpar capability. If this would have been an american car (like its only doing straight line speed well suggests), you wouldn't be rushing in to defend its honor and asking me what the problem was.

Plus, am i only allowed to comment on what i like and what is for "me" ?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.

Last edited by blue2fire; 10-07-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0