View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
rondocap
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

X5M and X3 M sport comparison, am I wrong with this idea?

So recently I got a 35i X3 M sport, with the Dynamic Handling package, and basically all of the options. (Including all of the performance ones)

I had also looked at some pre-owned X5M's, and have driven a few on test drives and driven a friend's X6M on a longer basis.

OK, obviously the X5M has a lot more power and is faster, plus it's an X5 and larger.

Having that out of the way, I feel that the X3 35i M sport has a very close family resemblance to the X5M. The seating position, steering feel, suspension feel when in sport+, and especially the sounds from the turbo. (Like that pop you get on upshift)

The X5M is heavier and the exhaust is a bit muted, but I really do feel like the X3 drives in a similar fashion.

Do you guys think I am far off? Obviously the X5M is faster, and it does most likely handle a bit better - but in sporty driving on a daily drive, it shares a good deal of the characteristics of the X5M. It makes sense, as it is tuned to a sporty fashion as well. (The X3 is...the transmission is quick, suspension and steering very tight in sport+, etc)
Appreciate 0