View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #6
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i,E70 X5M,E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
Adapters should generally sit flush with the face of the hub. There shouldn't be a gap at all. This way the adapter is distributing the load with the face of the hub.

If there is a gap, there will be more force applied to the remaining contact points, which could mean a wobbly wheel or catastrophic failure while driving.

You may want to verify fitment by taking it off again, with a wire brush, brush off any scaling/rust on the hub surface, and verify it's properly installed.
Sorry if this wasn't clear. It fits flush against the face of the hub and flush with the rim. Otherwise I would imagine that it would be pretty undriveable. My wife drove it today and didn't complain. Trust me, if ANYTHING was wrong I'd hear about it.

The problem appears that the pad area (?) of the spacer is too small in diameter. Therefore there is a part of the rim that extends beyond the face of the spacer. If there were no spacer then it would fit flush against the hub face. I can take pix of the front when my wife returns from work.

I may go with @troymi suggestion and have the custom spacers made - since he's successfully run X5M rims on an X5 M-sport.
Appreciate 0