Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
It's not really a confidence thing. Porsche is the underdog of the 3 (least power, most weight) so coming into these comparisons they have the most to gain and the least to lose. If the 918 lost, it wouldn't hurt its reputation at all because that's what most people would expect. On Anglesey the P1 beat the 918 by over 1 second and it honestly didn't change the way I look at the 918 at all, it's still a beast.

I expected the P1 to be the fastest out of the 3 on a track, but nothing compares to the NA V12 in the LaFerrari.
The P1 initially lost to the 918 a Angelsey. Then McLaren sent the stickiest set of tires and ran more laps. Had the 918 been fitted with the same tires and given more laps it would have again beaten the P1.
The thing I find amazing is that even with a team who is setting the P1 up for that specific track as they did here at Laguna Seca, it still lost whereas Porsche didn't have to adjust the car at all. I'm sure if Porsche sent a team to dial the suspension in like they did the P1, it would have won by even more.
Also remember that the 918 was the first on the 3 to come out, and its the most impressive combination of calibration and technology of the 3. It's the one car that will shape cars and super cars of the future, neither the P1 or LaFerrari will do that.
The Porsche has been noted for its superior drivability too over the P1. The P1 is said to be much more of a handful. I'd imagine the LaFerrari is much of the same.
Those tires are offered by McLaren so I don't see what's wrong with that, and they used the same ones at Laguna.

Lol wow again with the should've, could've, would've. Both Porsche and Mclaren adjusted tire pressures at Laguna and the article says nothing else about what McLaren engineers did so I don't know why your assuming things. It's clear the main reason is Porsche winning is its AWD, because he did sound a lot more impressed with the P1. Either way, can't go wrong with any of the 3.