View Single Post
      03-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #12
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End
Am I the only one that's not surprised that the 918, a car that's able to send power to four separate contact patches, beat the P1, a car sending an absurd amount of power to just the rear and has a performance envelope that's highly dependent upon downforce, at a track like Laguna Seca?

These cars have different strengths that are clearly highlighted by their spec sheets. I'd wager good money on a P1 taking the lead on a power track with plenty of straights and high speed sweepers, whereas I'd place my bets on the 918 at any low speed, small radius corner-intensive track... like Laguna Seca.

I'd be happy to own any of the big three. Wouldn't be able to choose one over the other if I had to.
Not surprised, I'd expect the 918 to be faster than the laferrari too. And I think Ferrari knows this too. Why else would they claim their best performance car ever isn't about speed or lap times? LOL!
I guess when porsche is willing to just willing give a car and McLaren and Ferrari have to send only a specific car with multiple sets of tires and a team of engineers it shows you who is confident and who is not.
Appreciate 0