05-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Great thread! I've replaced injectors, spark plugs, vacuum pump, LPFP fuel line with the updated sensor, and everything in the right picture, stuff in the left picture is sitting on my counter.

The PO had removed and replaced the stock muffler which I noticed because the tips were spotless where the valves were closed, so I ziptied them open but I can't find the vacuum lines to save my life.

I swear the power changes by the moment, sometimes it sounds like a Subaru right before I get the reduced power warning, other moments it's a scalded ape...no rhyme or reason. I'll check that vacuum hose mentioned in the above pics because it looks easy until I can find more time this weekend.

Travis1807 created a custom intake and CCV lines that'll delete the BMW plastic lines in the top picture, I bought everything from him, but that doesn't solve the rubber vacuum lines. I've looked on eBay for heat resistant silicone vacuum lines, sounds like it's something we should all do regardless since these random issues keep happening to many others.
I left you a couple of pictures of where the lines are in correlation to the muffler in the other thread. Bottom of first page.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222381

If you get underneath the vehicle and don't see the lines by the bumper then they may have been removed by the shop that installed your muffler.

Not sure if that's the solution to your problem, but...
Appreciate 0