10-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmomo313 View Post
Re: injectors, from what I've seen on here it seems like the overwhelming majority of failures happen on cars that use 91 octane. Haven't seen many using 93 from shell or BP with failures (myself included). I'm at 40k miles now and still running on original injectors.
Awesome. 91 is the highest we can get in Colo... unless I go to the track and mix 91 with 101. Are they getting clogged? Wonder if a different injector size would keep them clear (a la 24# injectors in my E36 racecar).

Quote:
I think the battery issue is hit or miss on the E70/E71. You either have a car with a draining battery or not (mines been fine since day 1), prob best to see the service history and see if its been addressed or not.
Yeah, that was one thing I was going to ask my local dealer to do - pull all the service history so I know what's been done.

Quote:
Try to test drive the car without the radio on and listen for creaks or bumps in the front of the car. Some suspension components tend to fail premature on these cars due their size/weight and its desire to handle like a sports car at the same time
My E90's suspension is pretty loud, tie-rod ends clunk around. So at least I have something to compare it to.

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0