mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Thanks everyone! Few more questions below

Interesting on the fuel injectors. Does anyone know the history? Based on the thread I found, it looks like BMW has gone through several part #'s… wonder what the deal is there. For the battery, this was a known issue with the E9xM3 too and BMW essentially blamed drivers for not commuting far enough on a daily basis to keep the battery charged up… wonder if it's the same thing. And yeah, I'm in Colorado, Land O' Potholes. Alignments are a MUST.

HPFP from driving hard or normal? Curious since I'm coming from NA to turbos. Can you expand on the suspension components issues - what components are failing?

Whoa, your story sounds like a nightmare. I'll def listen for chatter…

Re: injectors, from what I've seen on here it seems like the overwhelming majority of failures happen on cars that use 91 octane. Haven't seen many using 93 from shell or BP with failures (myself included). I'm at 40k miles now and still running on original injectors.

No issues with HPFP on mine, haven't heard of this being an issue with many others either.

Timing chain, only one person I've seen on here have to replace. Look for Jimshorts he made a thread about it. Looks pricey and not looking forward to that repair.

I think the battery issue is hit or miss on the E70/E71. You either have a car with a draining battery or not (mines been fine since day 1), prob best to see the service history and see if its been addressed or not.

Try to test drive the car without the radio on and listen for creaks or bumps in the front of the car. Some suspension components tend to fail premature on these cars due their size/weight and its desire to handle like a sports car at the same time

2018 M6 Gran Coupe Competition- Singapore Grey/Aragon Brown
DME Stage 3
Appreciate 0