View Single Post
      07-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #69
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
No, it's an 02 Harley Davidson F150 in dark shadow gray with a black interior. I'm almost embarrased to say how much I've spent on this truck for as little I drive it! This was a random purchase to fulfill my undying love for sleepers. I blew the stock engine from too much boost, then it snowballed into me "BMW upping a Ford" as my friends called it while it set for three months during the forged engine build. It started with gutting the interior to Dynamat everything, I've added LED puddle lights to the doors, wrapped EVERY panel that was plastic into a nice leather that is a dead match to the matte BMW leather used on my X5M's dash, custom triple gauge pod grafted into the dash, 7" touch screen, etc etc etc.

The X5M and HD are likely the same speed in the quarter, the HD could be much faster for far less...but even with a new Lighting suspension, frame stiffening, panhard bar, long bars, etc...it's still no BMW handling wise. Now it's sadly used as a truck or something different to drive when the mood strikes, but that mood only lasts a week at best lol
Stock eaton m112's are 1.8 liters, not 1.6. The M90s are a bit closer to 1.6 at around 1.5 and change.

I have had a lot of mod motors, turned wrenches on a lot of fords, I get the desire to have one, Ive always liked the HD trucks. four door lightning is awesome. I could never understand why ford dropped the boost stock on the HD's. I have a current mod motor in my Tbird, but that has way different goals then an HD.
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0