View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I would say this deal is borderline 'insane' - I've been looking very closely for 6 months and a 2011 50i M Sport with 32K and CPO for just $37,900 is pretty remarkable.

I was thinking this might be a private party price but based on the pics it appears it was purchased at a BMW dealer. Typically this car is mid-40's, at least, at a BMW dealer.

I just checked BMWUSA, CPO section, filtered on 2011 50i models. There are 176 across the U.S. and just 11 of those are below 40K (most are $39,999). Of those 11 none are M Sport and none even have the Sport Activity Package (1 possibly, though the package list doesn't indicate so) - most looked pretty stripped of options and have 45K miles or more.

OP - what other packages and options does your new X5 have?
If you are willing to put in a little extra time and effort, you can pick up a CPO BMW at a non-BMW dealership. If the vehicle was CPO before being traded in at, say, an Audi dealership, you get the benefit of a CPO vehicle without paying CPO prices. That's how I purchased my M Sport 35i.

Also, it should not be difficult to get between $4K and $6K off asking price if you shop right and show you're serious. The OP did it right, purchased on the last day of the month (and quarter, extra bonus there).

I am interested to see what options his X5 came with. I just found a 50i with the M Sport package on cars.com with ~32K miles for $36,999 (not CPO).
Appreciate 0