United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 Primer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Update!

Got the wheel on and absolutely love it! The scroll wheel works great and I can custom make it work as a volume knob and the + & - work as next track or swap it so the scroll wheel works as next track and so on.

The cruise control now works from the steering wheel vs the lever so I will be removing the lever and filing the hole. One less lever will be nice.

Working with car systems on making a custom software to use the M1 and M2 buttons for heat and whatever else that comes to mind as well as getting the paddles to work.

All in all very happy and updates the interior Nicely !

Also a big plus was getting rid of the recalled airbag as it be 2+ years to get a new one and not wanting to drive around with a shrapnel grenade in front of me.
hello sir,

did you car have vibration or heating before? mine doesnt so im wondering if I have to change the steering column switch/clock. this way I will have 12V supply to heating and vibration
Yea mine had heating. So I just had the software updated to use the extra M button as a heat button one buzz was to turn it off and two buzz's was heat off. The other M button controlled recirculation.

Otherwise you just need to rewire your heat button from BMW's off the steering wheel heater control. And mount it somewhere off the clock spring.

If you didn't have heat before I'm not sure what you need to do to retrofit it.
Appreciate 0