Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbmwx6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Actually got the evo system from bimmer retrofit, though car systems also makes a kit.
Either one works.
Question, with EVO System, screen is larger than space provided on E70 / E71. I see in your images, you are showing larger size screen. How did you install it? Do you have an open hole behind the screen? Is there a cover for the original opening? Great job on both retrofits, by the way, looks like factory installations.
The screen I have is out of the f15 X5 so much larger than stock and much higher res.

Theirs some retrofits that have different screens but the screens are smaller or larger than the opening and don't fit the current design that well. The f15 is a natural fit and updates the look somewhat. But the design is not for everyone and some prefer a more integrated look, so theirs two directions you can take, you can use a similar sized screen from the newer 3 series which you can fit in the same e70 housing for a 100% factory look, you will need to tell them what size you want when ordering, or go with the f15 style larger screen but will have a less flush integrated look but it will be more in line with the current designs from BMW.

I'm currently working on making a 3D printed backing plate that will be wrapped with the same vinyl that covers the dash, I hade the original screen 3D scanned and and having a custom part made so when Installed it will look very finished and factory look with no rat holes anywhere.
Appreciate 2