View Single Post
      08-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #17
X6Amy
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Ah ok,

The trim is called Black Flywheel Aluminum interior trim, and feels very well made when taped. (One of my little quality tests) Also no sticky finger marks show unlike the piano black or wood.

The tips, well I am sure i've mentioned it somewhere. Basically they are the normal ordered rectangular tips from the BMW dealership. Unfortunately it was discovered that they didn't fit on the 40D because the exhaust system its different from the 35D which the tips were designed for. As the 40D still isn't available in the UK (Unless you get a dealer slot) until September there was no other choice but to have these. There are no new redesigned ones for the 40D or no instructions on how to fit the exhausts onto a 40D from BMW as yet.

Anyway I wasn't having any of that and told the dealership parts guys to use their brain and put them on or I'm not having it! (I wanted them really badly i don't like the little round ones)

So thats it basically, i know they had to be altered to be fitted and cut but they are perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0