Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 M / '01 B5 S4/ 15 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rboosted717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG22DuBz View Post
Truck sounds great! Did the exhaust get louder after break-in? How's the truck holding up? Is the tune spot on? Idle well? Any surge or bucking during low rpm?
No, the exhaust never needed to break-in due to the design of the Akrapovic muffler and free-flow piping. In terms of sound it's remained consistent since first use.

The truck is holding up fine with no issues to report. I did have one or two random electronic gremlins but that's nothing new on any car (ie: unrelated to the modifications).

The tune is pretty good. I've noticed it runs slightly on the richer side and could probalby benefit from a little detailed analysis/tuning, however I can't complain. The idle is fine and practically same as stock.
In terms of surge, yes I do get some from time to time, however its mainly a result of the rapid spooling of the turbo's due to the lack of back pressure and sudden throttle changes. Typically surging is a result of over spinning the turbo's or inadequate pressure bleed off. Generally speaking is mild enough that you'll only notice it in very particular situations.

At the moment I'm running the factory downpipes as I had to preform my first (1yr) service a few months ago. I'll be installing the catless downpipes again once the weather gets better. Also after doing this a few times, I'm now down to 2.5hrs from start to finish. I wouldn’t be surprised if most mechanic shops want 8hrs (All-Data estimate) or 3-5hrs for experienced aftermarket/tuner shops. Needless to say it’s a backbreaker due to the awkward position the mechanic will be in.
Would love a Downpipe synopsis from you as you have the most experience in doing this!

I will be attempting to do mine this spring...