Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmartin View Post
hi guys just purchased a 2009 x5m everything seems fine until today when the CIC runs for about 30 seconds and switches off I tried doing a reboot which does make it come back on but only for about 30 seconds any ideas ?
at the moment I have disconnected the battery for about an hour and topped up the charge to see if it makes a difference .
Isnt there an option to black out the screen? Like sleep mode? I feel like there is...mess with the settings and check. Did you buy from a dealer? Maybe they will diagnose for free since you just bought it.

In all seriousness though, if it is an actual hardware issue, you may be better off buying a used CIC. The BMW diagnosis will be like $150-180 then a hardware replacement will already be a few hundred then coding. All of that for a few generation old system. I know lots of money goes into buying a car in the first place, and my wife never lets me buy anything for a few months after a car purchase, but if it were my car I'd put money toward an upgrade.
The hardware from the dealer is in the thousands. Buying used is best bet!
Appreciate 0