View Single Post
      06-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuc View Post
Last weekend, Steve Dinan was in Calgary and gave a series of talks and Q&A. Had no idea but my dealer here is the biggest installer of Dinan anywhere, apparently - go figure.

Anyway, someone asked him about dyno'ing. To roughly paraphrase, Steve said that any dyno not at the engine was pretty much worthless in terms of comparison. There are simply too many variables at each machine, between machines, and even between vehicles, for it to be anything other than interesting trivia.

He also talked a lot about mods, the pro's and cons of each. A very cool discussion. You get the sense that Dinan are after doing a real, fulsome upgrade/mod, not just slapping on parts for gonzo effect.
Steve Dinan is a tool.... imho. If I had the will to search for them, I would post up some of his letters/statements that have been made over the last 4 years concerning the N54 engine. He is a salesman. He sells a product for 5 times what it's worth. His reasoning being this guise of long periods of R&D and this joke of a warranty. There is a reason BMW has made it a point to cut ties with them.