01-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #12
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Quite a few of us on here. I have the 1.2 HR's. I don't care what anyone tells you. I have NEVER even with some of the best suspension out there had the same ride quality when going lower and adding bigger wheels. You're going to have to compromise there. The smaller the tire and the lower you get the worse the ride is going to be.

The 1.2's themselves are too bad. Do you notice it? yeah... but when you hit a bump your wife isn't going to look at you and wonder why TF you lowered your truck. 22's is going to make that ride more harsh... you might hit a small pot hole and wonder if your under carriage is still on the car but it looks good. Doesn't lose TOO much feel that it makes it unpleasant to drive... but it will be noticed.
Perhaps with the exception of air ride.

The ride quality is insanely composed. I've had stock, KW coilovers and now on Airrex struts. The comfort and handling levels were never this good stock. With independent triple below bags and matched gas filled struts the car's balance is that of a medium sized family car. It doesn't feel like a barge unless your at full ride height which is about 1" higher than stock.

It's not cheap and it won't be for everyone, but its the best solution for those who want a zero compromise suspension setup, from both a looks, comfort and handling aspect.
Appreciate 0