View Single Post
      01-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #77
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarg View Post
Just catching up on the last few responses. Bought the a CPO 2012 BMW X5 50i. Had to drive 200+ miles to go get it but it was worth it. Car was in excellent condition and ran excellent. Very smooth. There was a disgruntled sales manager because for the price the car should not have been CPO, but they honored the price with CPO given my conversations with the salesmen before driving down to the dealership. Nothing major in the CPO except for the tire replacement, the rest was very minor things that I double checked on the car.

Learned a few things as you all pointed out: 1) spare tire is not possible with 3rd row seat, 2) with CPO you have to go with OEM tires so I got new Duelers, 3) ride is not harsh at all but probably noise and getting the tires up to temperature would be better with all season non-RFT tires.

I do like the idea of non-RFT tires because the wear is better and the noise would be less especially after putting 10k miles on the tires. I also think that the all season tires would get up to temperature faster and allow me to go to Tahoe 1 or 2 weekends a year. Do you think all season tires on 20" wheels could get me through a weekend in snowy mountains?

If I go with non-RFT tires I need to figure out how to sell the RFT tires. Better to do it now while the RFT tires still have the brand new marks.
Congrats, post some pics of the new ride!

I would just go with all-seasons for Tahoe trips. No need to have a dedicated winter and summer set especially since you only go twice a year.

My plan is also to use all-seasons after my Duelers are done. I doubt I'll go to Tahoe this year or even next, but I wanted an all-rounder and a non runflat
Appreciate 0