07-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #76
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Just so you know the E92 M3 GTR was revealed early 2008 and was testing well before that. BMW had intentions to go racing with the E92 from the onset. I don't see or hear anything about BMW going racing with the M4. I believe they will leave endurance racing and stick to DTM, which has zero to do with any road going BMW.
BMW will go racing with the 2.0l I4 in DTM. BMW's GT3 car is the Z4 GT3, no more M3. So no M4 GT3. Z4 GT3 will be replaced by Z4 replacement, and compete against the RC-F GT3 and AMG GT3. Supra GT3 might also be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
My point is that whenever people cry that a company is losing it's way, they just fail to realize that not everything can stay the same forever and companies have to evolve for the sake of innovation and safety and emissions regulations.

If BMW listened to die hards, the M3 would still have an N/A I6, could barely keep up with a standard 335i, and would have no creature comforts what so ever (since those things are merely distractions that add weight). It's as if they expect BMW to have their M cars target Mazda Miata shoppers who want a little more power.

Given the growth in sales year over year for BMW, they have little reason to change course now.
Next 3 Series might have an I6 only in the M3.
Appreciate 0