View Single Post
      04-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-SRT View Post
good info, I didnt find much info before purchasing my 2013 X5M a little over a month ago either, I haven't had any issues so far but I think I will check my connecting line tomorrow.

On the door handle, ive read that the comfort access module doesn't go to sleep after the car is off so it causes the battery discharge error. Is this why you replaced your door handle?

I stopped using comfort access and just use my remote to open and close my doors and haven't had the battery discharge error since.
I still haven't bit down on the handle replacement, but the reason for investigating it is that the comfort access on the driver handle doesn't work at all. All the other doors are good to go, just the driver's door is dead. I too am 100% reliant on the remote for usage, that's honestly not a bad thing as the age of the battery on the remote is delivering terrible life and they only sold it with a single key. Thus - I have to charge it in the hole on each drive. Tough times to actually have to stick something in a slot to drive. heh.
Appreciate 0