04-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #94
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4chiavellif82 View Post
GTIs are fun car. Looks great, but finding in the combo u want is really hard. Their inventory or whomever orders them always misses the mark. They will order it with all the cool stuff minus the lighting package or the Perf. package. The dealer will tell u stuff like u don't need the Perf. package unless u track the car. I don't track much or won't track a GTI for shits and giggles. My friend had a bmw 550i manual tranny and he got the GTI SE with manual. He loves it. The thing with the GTI is that, it's finky. You will have small issues pop-up. If you can live with that then it's a great little car at a great price. You really can't get this much stuff in a comparable car until the little monster Civic SI shows up and rains on your parade. It looks like it will rape the GTI and looks amazing. woot woot woot.
Yeah, I had to sacrifice the Lighting Pkg to get one with Perf Pkg. I was not willing to compromise on that, and I'm glad I didn't. The Perf Pkg really makes the car come along on a back road, and you can tell a difference in how it puts power down, as well as brake bite and feel.

As for the Civic, it's going to take the Type R to 'rape' it, and if it even makes it over here, it'll cost Golf R money. I'll happily sacrifice a few tenths here and .02 g's there for a greatly more refined and comfortable package. It's why I overlooked an STI and Cooper S, among others, when I bought my GTI.
Appreciate 0