03-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #91
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I've had the VWR springs on my car with the stock shocks for about 10K miles and have never had an issue, unless I'm pushing at 99% and hit a mid-corner bump. Then, the car just slips and drifts slightly (I have coil-overs on my BMW, so I can feel the difference). But the handling characteristics are still very similar to stock. I've added wider Michelin PSS tires and the added grip is incredible over the stock Pirelli all-season tires. Again, the VWR springs are holding up just fine.

For me, these are the best bang for the buck. Ride quality is hard to tell difference from stock. The lowered look is perfect and not too low.

The only way you're going to upgrade is with a good, full coil-over setup IMHO. Then, you're looking at KW Street Comfort to get a ride anywhere near stock. Everything else will be a bit stiffer. Not necessarily a bad thing is that's what you want.
Yeah, I've read mostly good things about the VWR springs, so I was curious to hear some negative feedback on them. I like that they are only about a .75" drop, because that's all that's really needed imo. That should be totally sufficient with spacers. Eventually I plan on going to 19's with a more aggressive tire.
Appreciate 0