Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensM View Post
Update.
Have not got the time to test at the higher speed yet, but just added the tape closing two holes in each side.
As mine is the M sport version, I got the fog lights placed there. I did notice that the cover in the passenger side was more loose around the fog light than in the left side - can actually push it back and forth against the light, can't in the left side. I am wondering if this can cause the noise (as only in the right side) when driving fast? When sitting and pressing the cover against the light there is a 'sound' and wondering if this is what I hear when driving. Will have to see if I can tape this as well. Will keep the forum posted

JenSm
UPDATE
It actually turned out to be the cover in the right side making the noice!
After taken it off (just need to pull), I found out that that there were app 3mm air between the cover and the frame of the fog lamp. I added some "tape" 2mm thick (the one you put on the legs of a chair so it does not make marks in the floor). By this there were no free space in-between and no noise when driving fast - have just been through Germany where I really could test it - no noise any longer

Cheers
JensM
Appreciate 0